Coaching Education Courses & Workshops are open to ALL coaches of ALL Sports or Performance related fields, and include a 4-6-hour seminar (up to 2 days depending on curriculum) that brings coaches together to learn communication skills, reinforcement and skill development strategies, how to incorporate mental skills into your coaching, and the opportunity to network and learn from other coaches at various levels. The seminar will consist of 4 different coaching education workshops that will assist coaches of any level in improving their ability to connect with their athletes, maximize their coaching effectiveness, and stay current on best coaching practices.
The workshops selected will align with what is relevant, fresh and most impactful at the time of presentation.
New Courses and Workshops will be posted on our Event Calendar and Blog.
Cost per 4-6 Hour Seminar: $200 per Person/Coach (discounts available if more than one coach attends from same Club). Price variable if 2 day seminar.
Past Workshop Examples
– Introduction to Sports Psychology – What is Sports Psychology and why does it matter for high performers? What is Mental Performance and how does it impact athletes’ performance?
– Understanding Mental Health & Performance – Understanding what Mental Health is and maintaining it is important for positive well-being and performance outcomes & How can we use the dimensions of wellness and integrate them into mental health care while using the application of sports psychology? How does mental health impact an athletes performance? How does an athletes performance get affected by their mental state and resilience?
– Managing Expectations – Coaches and parents have expectations of their children and athletes. How can we manage these expectations and hold realistic standards to encourage growth? How can expectations make a positive and negative impact on progress? What are Realistic and Unrealistic Expectations? What are different expectations you might encounter with athletes? (Parent, coach, etc.). Understanding Constructive Criticism and Positive VS Negative Self-Talk. How can an individual use self-talk to enhance performance and use constructive criticism to their advantage?
– Developing Mental Skills – Mental Skills are “tools” for the mind that allow individuals to cope with life and sport stressors. Mental Skills help manage emotions, thoughts, focus, and crucial to the development of player confidence. How do mental skills impact an athletes performance and how can you foster them as a coach or leader?
– Advanced Mental Skills -Coaches learn how to implement these skills into their practices and games as well as in daily life.
– Motivation and the WHY – It is important to understand why an athlete is practicing, playing a sport, choosing their position and making certain decisions. When we channel the athletes sole purpose, we can help them grow. How can we encourage athletes to love their sport and bring awareness to their game? What gives the athlete motivation to play and perform? Where does there intrinsic drive come from and how can they develop a stronger one? What is motivation and what skills can enhance it?
OTHER SAMPLES from past client engagements:
– Envision Excellence: Using Imagery to Elevate performance
– Empowering Self-Talk: Improving Self- and Distant-Talk
– Empowered Leaders: Individual and Team Leadership Development
– Evading Burnout: Developing self-care for athletes
– Effective Communication: Player-to-Player & Coach-to-Player
– Enlightened Athletes: Who are you? Identity development
– Enlightened Coaches: Coaching Education Workshop Series
– Enhancing Injury Prevention: How our mind can prevent injury and improve rehabilitation time