The Coaches Workshop Program is for clubs that want to host coaching education workshops for their entire organization. The organization can select from a variety of coaching education workshops for us to provide. Workshops are 60-75 minutes long and include resources and strategies for coaches to enhance their ability to coach effectively, create better leadership and team dynamics, and improve communication.
Program Outcomes & Objectives
What to Expect
1. Needs Assessment with Coaches & Club/Team Leadership/Athletic Director
2. Team Observation at Practice to see Coaching and Player behavior
3. Workshops & Introduction to Sports Performance & What Sports Psychology Is (open to players, coaches and parents)
4. Create Team Performance Plan & Recommendations based on outcomes of Needs Assessment and Practice Observation; specifically tailored to your team and club’s goals and and aspirations
5. Provide continued support, as needed, to maintain optimal performance, player discipline and resilience and team cohesion
Past Workshop Examples
Note: WORKSHOPS ARE CREATED AND UNIQUELY CATERED TO YOUR TEAM, CLUB OR ORGANIZATION):
– Introduction to Sports Psychology – What is Sports Psychology and why does it matter for high performers? What is Mental Performance and how does it impact athletes’ performance?
– Understanding Mental Health & Performance – Understanding what Mental Health is and maintaining it is important for positive well-being and performance outcomes & How can we use the dimensions of wellness and integrate them into mental health care while using the application of sports psychology? How does mental health impact an athletes performance? How does an athletes performance get affected by their mental state and resilience?
– Managing Expectations – Coaches and parents have expectations of their children and athletes. How can we manage these expectations and hold realistic standards to encourage growth? How can expectations make a positive and negative impact on progress? What are Realistic and Unrealistic Expectations? What are different expectations you might encounter with athletes? (Parent, coach, etc.). Understanding Constructive Criticism and Positive VS Negative Self-Talk. How can an individual use self-talk to enhance performance and use constructive criticism to their advantage?
– Developing Mental Skills – Mental Skills are “tools” for the mind that allow individuals to cope with life and sport stressors. Mental Skills help manage emotions, thoughts, focus, and crucial to the development of player confidence. How do mental skills impact an athletes performance and how can you foster them as a coach or leader?
– Advanced Mental Skills -Coaches learn how to implement these skills into their practices and games as well as in daily life.
– Motivation and the WHY – It is important to understand why an athlete is practicing, playing a sport, choosing their position and making certain decisions. When we channel the athletes sole purpose, we can help them grow. How can we encourage athletes to love their sport and bring awareness to their game? What gives the athlete motivation to play and perform? Where does there intrinsic drive come from and how can they develop a stronger one? What is motivation and what skills can enhance it?
OTHER SAMPLES from past client engagements:
– Envision Excellence: Using Imagery to Elevate performance
– Empowering Self-Talk: Improving Self- and Distant-Talk
– Empowered Leaders: Individual and Team Leadership Development
– Evading Burnout: Developing self-care for athletes
– Effective Communication: Player-to-Player & Coach-to-Player
– Enlightened Athletes: Who are you? Identity development
– Enlightened Coaches: Coaching Education Workshop Series
– Enhancing Injury Prevention: How our mind can prevent injury and improve rehabilitation time
COST: $250 per 60-75 Minute Workshop